Reader's Questions

Below our questions submitted by our readers. Feel free to join the discussion on any of those pages, your responses and feedback are welcome!

Piper home security discount code?

I’ve decided I’m sick and tired of monthly monitoring costs and therefore started looking into the DIY home security market. There’s quite a few options out there, so I had a couple questions. First, what’s your opinion of Piper home security? From what I can tell, they’re one of the more affordable options that has …

Read More »

What Emergency Essentials Do I Need to Go Off the Grid?

With all of the craziness happening right now in the world with international immigrants, climate-driven refugees, ISIS terrorism, identity theft everywhere, and our own political unrest (ummm… I do not know anyone who is excited about the candidates in this year’s upcoming election – Trump of Hilary?!? YUCK!), I am thinking it might be time …

Read More »

Is iSmartAlarm a Good Home Security System?

I’m looking for a good self-monitored home security system where I don’t have to pay a monthly fee. My neighbors keep telling me iSmartAlarm is a good choice, but I know this market is crowded so I wanted to get your guys’ professional opinion. Specifically, smartphone/app support is crucial, and ideally an option to have wireless …

Read More »

Interface for KODI (XBMC) open source media center?

Dinosaur here…. I’m here to ask you to rise up in revolt!!! Pretty much all current music service services have abandoned visualizations. Ok, I’m here to ask you as the consumer to rise up in revolt and demand they provide an interface to the KODI (formerly XBMC) open source music player. If they want to offload …

Read More »

Does Lowes have thermostat lock boxes?

I’m looking for a thermostat lock box. Why? We recently installed spray foam insulation and new Pella windows (not cheap) to help lower our energy bill. What I found, however, is that with all the door opening and closing and cranking up and down of the thermostat by our kids and grandkids, it’s going to …

Read More »

Should I Renew My Home Warranty?

I bought my home about a year ago and it came with a home warranty. I haven’t had to use it and I really don’t know a lot about home warranties. I just received the renewal information and I’m trying to figure out if it is a good idea or not. Any help will be appreciated.

Read More »

Is Fidelity National Title Good in Fresno, CA?

I live in Fresno, California and am wanting to sell my home. I’ve heard that it’s a good idea to include a home warranty with the home as a perk to the new homeowner and it gives them more peace of mind. I’ve done some research on Fidelity National Title and was wondering if they …

Read More »