To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
A while back my husband came home and told me to use cash (instead of my debit/credit card) anytime I fill up my car with gas. I was curious as to what spurred this request.
It turned out, he had heard about criminals stealing peoples’ credit card information by placing skimmers on pumps at the gas station. It seems like we aren’t safe anywhere these days.
Identity theft protection services like IdentityForce can help monitor your personal information and warn you about suspicious activity. Learn how this company can help keep your financial information safe in our IdentityForce Review.
- Monitors driver’s license number, sex offenders, email and more
- More coverage than many other companies
- 24/7 phone support and live chat and email from 8am-8pm, plus FAQs
- Child plan available as an add-on
- Established in 1978 with long history in the industry
- $1 million insurance protection
- A+ BBB rating
- Bank and credit card activity alerts
- No IdentityForce family plan
- Must upgrade plans for credit report/score monitoring
- Can oversee your child’s identity too
- Monitors everything listed in our coverage comparison table
- 24/7 assistance available
|Price||Regular Price: |
Discount for our Readers: $14.99/month or $149.90/year
Discount for our Readers: $19.99/month or $199.90/year
|Optional ChildWatch Add-On $2.75/month or $27.50/year|
|14-Day Free Trial|
|Sex Offender Monitoring|
|Pay Day Loan Monitoring|
|Change of Address Monitoring|
|Court Records Monitoring|
|Identity Score & Report|
|Fraud Alert Reminder|
|Medical ID Fraud Protection|
|Junk Mail Opt-out|
|Identity Threat Alerts|
|Online Protection Tools (Anti-Phishing, Anti-Keylogging, etc.)|
|Lost Wallet Assistance|
|Fraud Resolution Specialist|
|Identity Restoration Advisor|
|$1 Million Identity Theft Insurance|
|Credit Score Simulator|
|Three Bureau Credit Scores|
|Three Bureau Credit Reports|
|Three Bureau Credit Monitoring|
|Credit Score Monitoring|
|Buy an Instant Credit Report|
Firsthand Experience With IdentityForce’s UltraSecure+Credit Membership
IdentityForce let me test out its UltraSecure+Credit plan for free in exchange for an unbiased review of the product.
What Is IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit Monitoring?
UltraSecure+Credit includes personal information monitoring, account alerts, recovery assistance and credit report and score monitoring. The credit features are the ones that you get in addition to the normal UltraSecure package when you sign up for UltraSecure + Credit Monitoring.
How Much Does UltraSecure+Credit Monitoring Cost?
- $23.95 per month or
- $239.50 per year
By signing up for the yearly plan, you will save $47.90 per year. However, if you want to see how the first month or two goes, you can choose a month-to-month plan and then decide if you’re going to sign up for an entire year.
11 Things Monitored With IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit
- Bank accounts
- Credit cards
- Email addresses
- Medical accounts
- Phone numbers
- Social Security number
- Driver’s License
- Change of address
- Court records
- Sex offenders nearby
- Social media accounts – Learn more about social media identity theft
What Credit Protection Is Included With IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit?
- Credit score monitoring
- Credit score simulator
- 3-bureau credit monitoring
- 3-bureau credit reports
- 3-bureau credit scores
What Other Features Are Included With IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit?
- Advanced fraud monitoring
- Fraud alert reminder
- Identity restoration advisor
- $1 million ID theft insurance
- ID threat alerts
- Junk mail opt-out
- Medical ID fraud protection
- Pay day loan monitoring
- Online PC protection tools
- Lost wallet assistance
What I Love About IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit
- I can set temporary fraud alerts on my report for 90 days, and at the end of the 90 days, it will alert me that the fraud alert is over so I can place another if I choose.
- It is easy and convenient to view credit scores and reports.
- Bank accounts, credit cards, investment accounts and more are all monitored in one place.
- Desktop and mobile app are easy to use and very intuitive. I love using the mobile app on the go.
- Includes identity threat alerts, which are breaches that may threaten the safety of your identity.
- I genuinely feel that my identity is safer and protected with this product.
What I Didn’t Like About IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit
- My investment accounts showed a $0 balance, and thankfully that was not the case.
- Alerts are one to two days late. For example, I have an alert set that if a certain amount of money is withdrawn or added to an account that I will receive an alert. However, I don’t get these notifications until at least a day or more has passed. Fortunately, these have always been transactions I’ve made, but if they weren’t, I’d be notified later than preferred.
- There’s no free trial with this plan, which didn’t affect me since I was testing the product out for free, but I wish it were available for our readers. IdentityForce offers a 14-day free trial for the UltraSecure plan.
You’ve read our experience with IdentityForce, but what about others’? Do users love or hate IdentityForce? We’ve gathered reviews online for you to take into consideration before making a decision.
IdentityForce has been monitoring my credit, email address, our neighborhood safety, and many other things for a couple of years. I like it because they stay on top of everything and keep me posted about anything fishy. I know they’re on the ball because I applied for a new credit card and that same day, received an alert that someone was checking my credit with the 3 credit agencies. Some of the alerts have been things I didn’t really need, BUT better to have too many than for something to be missed. Identity Force also sends sex offender alerts and we are able to check our own neighborhood for those criminals. – Marie, ConsumerAffairs 4/29/2019
The people I talked to at Identity force were friendly, knowledgeable and professional. The comparison of IdentityForce with other competitors clearly shows a big edge for IdentityForce. One has to look at the comparison chart by IdentityForce to see the differences. Join IdentityForce and feel secure because what you get is not exceeded by competitors. – Louie G., Trustpilot 3/20/2019
Difficult to cancel, which always leaves a bad taste in my mouth . . . if you are offering an honest product with honest benefits to the consumer, why make it difficult to cancel? Also very expensive. – Ted F., Trustpilot 6/6/2019
I signed up and canceled in a matter of 30 min. The offerings seemed good but the website had the same issue on 2 different computers. Error message and the inability for the representatives on the phone to help. Wanted to give it to their trouble shooting team. that could take up to 48 hours. To have these types of issues when you just sign up does not provide me with a warm a fuzzy feeling that they could protect me and my family. – William C., BBB 5/15/2018
Here is a quick snap shot of important differences between IdentityForce and other identity protection services.
- IdentityForce monitors your drivers license number and sex offenders in your area, while Identity Guard does not.
- IdentityForce provides full recovery services and 24/7 access to their fraud specialists; Identity Guard also offers 24/7 access to specialists, but you’re responsible for all the legwork to recover your identity.
- Identity Guard will not send fraud alerts to the credit bureaus, while IdentityForce will.
- IdentityForce has the industry’s largest scope of monitoring coverage.
- IDShield’s family plan is $25.95/mo, whereas IdentityForce doesn’t have a family plan (instead you pay $2.75/mo per child).
- Both services have full recovery services, but IDShield’s fraud specialists are licensed private investigators.
- IdentityForce’s UltraSecure+Credit plan provides a larger scope of monitoring coverage compared to LifeLock.
- Both services provide U.S.-based, 24/7 access to certified ID theft specialists and general member services.
- We found that LifeLock app’s user interface is easier to use and includes an in-app messenger that directly connects you to member services and ID theft specialists.
What About Those Credit Card Skimmers?
To learn more about the skimmers criminals are using to steal our credit card information watch this short video.
Yes, we tried it and highly recommend the UltraSecure+Credit package from IdentityForce. This plan monitors more than competitors and for a reasonable price. Find out how IdentityForce ranked in our Identity Theft Comparison article. and learn more about IdentityForce in our interview with CEO Steve Bearak.
What’s stopping you from signing up for IdentityForce?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.