Last Updated: March 14, 2016
Cover Story Media®, Inc. is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. To contact Cover Story Media®, Inc., please visit the Contact page. We value your privacy. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways other than as disclosed in this policy.
What Information Is Collected On This Site?
In order to provide our users with certain products or services on our Site, Cover Story Media®, Inc. and its affiliates may collect different types of information. In particular, we occasionally may need to collect certain types of personal information in order to provide our users with particular features, services or offers. “Personal Information” as used herein means information that identifies a person or allows a person to be located. Examples of Personal Information include a first and last name, a home address, or an email address. The following is a summary of the kinds of information we collect at the Site from our users, and how we collect that information:
Our software automatically collects certain information from a user’s computer when that user logs on or moves about our Site. We do not link this information to any other Personal Information the user tells us; we only use it to get a broad picture of who is on our Site and which areas our users are visiting. This information tells us what’s important to our users and what isn’t, allows us to make our Site more interesting and useful, and enhances security and efficiency on our Site. The two main ways in which we collect this general information are through:
- Log Files – log files are records of user activity collected to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements, and gather broad types of information for aggregate use. The kinds of general information we collect in the log files include:
- The IP address of the user’s computer.
- How many people visit our Site.
- Which pages of our Site are visited most often.
- Which ISPs our visitors come from (e.g. AOL, MSN, etc.).
- Which browsers users are used to visit our Site (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.).
- Time of day users visit our Site.
At several places on our Site, we collect certain information that users voluntarily provide to us which may contain Personal Information. Here is a brief summary of some of the areas on our Site where users may be asked to provide Personal Information:
- Registration – one or more areas of our Site may require users to register for access. As part of the registration process we may ask users for a username, password, or other personal information in order to verify the user’s identity, establish the account, promote security, and enable access to various online features. We may also ask users to complete a survey as part of the registration process to find out more about who is using our Site (see more on surveys below).
- Product Updates and Other Communications – we may collect information whenever a user communicates with us or asks to receive more information about Cover Story Media®, Inc. or Cover Story Media®, Inc. products, services and events (for example, if a user sends us email or signs up to receive notification of product updates or new product releases). This information may include the user’s name, e-mail address, or other contact information.
How Does Cover Story Media®, Inc. Use Information Collected On This Site?
Cover Story Media®, Inc. is the sole owner of the information collected on this Site. Personal Information that is provided to Cover Story Media®, Inc. (such as a personal e-mail address) may be used by Cover Story Media®, Inc. in the following ways:
- to contact users or others about a user’s use of the Site or about our products and services or about special events or offers.
- to notify contest winners.
- to respond to comments or requests.
- to request feedback and enable us to develop and improve the Site and our products and services.
- for the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
Cover Story Media®, Inc. highly values your privacy. At no time will your email be sold or marketed to third parties.
Uploading Photos, Videos, Information Or Other Content
You are solely responsible for the information and other content you post on or through our Site (for example, by using the comment form on our article pages). You understand that personal and other information (e.g., user name, e-mail address, phone number) that you post on or through public areas of our Site are generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of our Site are encouraged to exercise caution when providing personal information about themselves. If you elect to use any of our referral services to inform a third party about our Site, or if you otherwise provide a third party’s personal information to us, you warrant that you have permission to do so and you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Cover Story Media®, Inc. from and against any claim, liability, cost and expense arising in connection with your provision of that information.
Online Comment, Forum And Disclosure Policy
Cover Story Media®, Inc. welcomes reader feedback to its online content, but it is not responsible for the information contained in reader comments. We reserve the right to reject, edit or delete comments in full or in part at any time.
Comments should not be abusive, libelous or in bad taste. They should not contain vulgar language. We prefer comments that express an opinion rather than ones that deal in personalities.
While we strive to keep our research as up to date and accurate as possible, due to the dynamic nature of the industry, we will occasionally make errors or fail to keep content current. If you find inaccuracies in our content, please contact us and we will do our best to resolve the errors as soon as possible. Corrections sent via the comment form may not been implemented in a timely fashion.
We reserve the right to reproduce information sent to us via our contact form, in full or in part, on our Site, regardless of the medium used.
As a rule, we will not intentionally disclose any personal identification information about you as an individual user (such as, for example, your full name, street address, telephone number, or e-mail address) to any third party without having received your permission. Please note that if you give out personal information online “for example, through an article comment or forum topic ” that information can be collected and used by third parties. Although we strive to protect our users’ privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of information you post in these forums. You disclose such information at your own risk.
We have the following exceptions to this disclosure policy: We will release specific information about you or your account to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if there is an attempted breach of the security of Cover Story Media®, Inc., or a physical threat to you or others.
United States Only
This Site is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to this Site are governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina in the United States of America. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
Links To Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other sites. We are not endorsing any such linked websites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such linked websites. We may present links to other websites in a format that enables us to track whether, and in what volume, these links have been followed by consumers. We use this information to improve our products and to direct our advertising.
If you have any questions about this policy or about how Personal Information collected on our Web site is used, you can contact Cover Story Media®, Inc. via mail or feedback form, both of which can be found on the Contact page.