Even though no two houses or people are alike, we use a similar approach for all our reviews, regardless of category. Our writers and researchers are committed to providing the most in-depth and unbiased information to help keep you, your valuables and your sensitive information protected.
Our mantra at Safe Smart Living® is to be fair, unbiased, transparent and valuable to our readers.
What’s Involved In Our Research Process?
Our team has been involved in the home security industry for a combined 75+ years. We conduct in-depth research by industry professionals, fact check our information and gather consumer feedback to give our readers the most comprehensive picture possible. At least half a dozen people partake in the editorial process, which takes around 2-3 months of work on average. We also conduct regular audits that verify the information in our articles is as up to date as possible.
- Our experts conduct in-depth research to uncover all of the details needed to make better decisions. This includes mystery shopping, anonymous phone call and contact (email, chat) inquiries to companies, feedback from our readers via social media, emails and comments, general social media chatter and posts on review sites and forums from established sources such as Yelp, Amazon, Better Business Bureau, etc.
- When necessary, especially for topics that address sensitive data, we consult credentialed industry professionals.
- Then we pair the data with first-hand customer experiences, reader feedback and testimonials.
- Before publishing, our rigorous team fact-checks each article, as well as reader-submitted input, for accuracy.
Earning your trust and helping you make educated, comfortable decisions is our top priority. We try to present our content in a relatable way, but if you’re ever confused or have questions, don’t hesitate to comment on the article you’re reading or contact us.
How Can I Know If A Website Is Trustworthy?
Online reviews are a dime a dozen, so how do you know who to trust? We have designed a list of criteria to help you evaluate the trustworthiness of sites you visit. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide how legitimate a website is, but we think these important items allow you to see that we are real people who will stand up for the content we have shared. We are also open to updating information if you find anything that is incorrect or outdated.
- A contact us page – can you get in touch if you have questions?
- An about us page – who wrote the content you’re reading and what are their credentials?
- A team page – who exactly is behind the site and the content and what are their backgrounds and stories?
- An author bio for each article – so you know who wrote the piece and what their areas of expertise are.
- A disclosure policy – websites need to monetize to stay in business, but how are they doing it?
- An explanation of review criteria (this page)
We are proud of how we do business and stand behind our approach. If you have any questions, concerns or feedback, please let us know, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for stopping by and we hope you enjoy your stay here at Safe Smart Living!