To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Do you daydream about taking a trip abroad but dread the planning process? Traveling abroad can be overwhelming, and for those of you who aren’t big on planning, G Adventures may be your best option. You can choose your destination, and how long you want to be gone, and G Adventures does the rest. But does the actual experience measure up to the hype? Let’s find out.
G Adventures Review
Name: G Adventures
Description: G Adventures is a popular adventure travel company that offers a wide selection of small-group tours, safaris and expeditions.
G Adventures focuses on providing transformative experiences within any travel budget. It organizes its tours into 13 different travel styles, giving participants good variety. Tour destinations include trips to all seven continents, and G Adventures has solid partnerships to give you the best experiences possible while you travel. Group sizes are 15 people or less, so if you have a larger group, you’ll need to look elsewhere. And Yolo tours are restricted to ages 18-39.
- Group size: 15 people or less
- Yolo tours are restricted to ages 18-39
- 24/7 phone support and FAQs
- Offers trips in all continents and Oceania, even Antarctica
- Lifetime deposit: if you have to cancel, your deposit can be applied to a future tour with no expiration
- While fewer age restrictions than most travel companies, there are still age limits on Yolo and Family excursions
7 Key Features
- 9 types of trips to choose from: Classic, National Geographic, Active, Yolo, Cruising, Family, Local Living, Rail, and Private Groups
- Accommodations and a portion of your meals are included
- Smaller group sizes compared to other travel companies
- Focus on sustainable travel via a partnership with Planeterra Foundation, local investments, animal welfare, and disaster relief
- Everything is coordinated for you
- G Adventures app gives you information on your trip, including maps, packing lists, itineraries, and more
Below are some sample trips to give you an idea of pricing for G Adventures.
- G Adventures Africa: 12 days, Cape Town to Victoria Falls, starting at $3,399
- G Adventures Antarctica: 13 days, Antarctica and Argentina, starting at $7,499
- G Adventures Galapagos: 10 days, Galapagos and Ecuador, starting at $5,499
- G Adventures Machu Picchu: 12 days, Amazon, Inca Trail, Machu Picchu and Peru, starting at $2,749
- G Adventures Patagonia: 15 days, Argentina, Chile, and Patagonia, starting at $3,999
We’ve gathered G Adventures tour reviews from a couple of online sources to help you see what travelers love and hate about G Adventures trips.
I have travelled with G Adventures time and time again over the past 14 years. Costa Rica, Colombia, Patagonia, and the Galápagos Islands just to name a few of the 10+ destinations I’ve visited with them.
On every tour I’ve done – the CEO (guide) has been organized, incredibly knowledgeable, and tries to take you to the main attractions, while also to the lesser known areas that would be missed by someone just searching for the most well known attractions. They want you to learn about the culture, try new things, and ‘Embrace the Bizarre’ as they say.Liz H., Yelp! 2/21/2023
We did G Adventures Inca Trail 4D/3N tour. Can’t recommend this experience enough, it was extremely professional from start to finish and we had a beautiful time. The cooks and porters who carry your things are incredible and a HUGE shoutout to our guides Paulo and Miguel who made us feel like family. You’re the best!!Will/Ev., TripAdvisor 5/4/2023
Video: Benefits of Traveling with G Adventures
I recently had the worst experience with G Adventures, and I would not recommend them to anyone. I booked a trip with them for a long-awaited vacation to India Marchbut it turned out to be a nightmare. First of all, I did not receive ANY information about the tour guides or hotels before my arrival, which was extremely frustrating after a long 19-hour flight. When I arrived at the airport, I had to wait for 6 hours just to find out where I would be staying and who my tour guide would be.Jordania R., Yelp! 5/15/2023
I would not recommend GAdventures. I booked a Salkantay Trek tour 2 weeks prior to the date. Understandably most dates were booked, but one date which worked for me was listed as available. I paid £500, and after a 3 hour wait was emailed to inform me they had recieved my “request” but would have to check the local office to see if there was availability, despite listing the date as available. After an agonising 3 day wait, watching other tours sell out, they informed me there was in fact no availability, and offered 2 completely different tours, the same tour in a month, or a refund. I of course opted for a refund, which they informed me would take up to 2 weeks to process, although thankfully I recieved it in one week.Cem S., TripAdvisor 7/13/2022
Frequently Asked Questions
Best Adventure Vacation Travel Companies
See how G Adventures compares in our adventure travel company comparison. We compare G Adventures to other companies with key features, pros and cons, user reviews, sample trip pricing, and more.
Where do you want to go with G Adventures? Let us know in the comments!Tagged With: Comparison