To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Amazon’s Blink cameras are wireless and affordable options for monitoring your home. However, there are some features its cameras are missing that some of its competitors have. But are these must-haves for you? Only you can decide, but we can help.
- No DVR needed
- No cloud storage fees
- Motion detection
- Infrared night vision (XT and XT2 only)
- iOS and Android apps
- 1-year warranty
- Integrates with Amazon Alexa enabled devices
- Two-way audio (XT2 only)
- Some customers report that their cameras got waterlogged (Blink XT)
- Some customers’ camera batteries only lasted days
- Only stores up to 2 hours of footage, no other cloud storage options
- Requires a hub
- No pan, tilt or zoom
- No activity zones
- No phone support
- Blink offers 3 cameras: Blink (indoor), Blink XT (indoor/outdoor) and Blink XT2 (indoor/outdoor)
- Night vision up to 20 feet (Blink XT and XT2)
- HD resolution: 1080p (Blink XT and XT2) and 720p (Blink)
- Field of view: 110°
- Operating temperature: -4° to 113°F (-20° to 45°C) (Blink XT and XT2)
- Can connect up to 10 cameras on one account
- Rumors about a Blink doorbell camera, but there is no announcement from the company
- Two AA lithium batteries last up to 2 years depending on device settings, usage and environmental factors
- Use the Blink Home Monitor app to monitor your cameras while away
- 100-foot range
- Video clips have a default length of 5 seconds, but you can record up to 60 seconds
- Ability to adjust the sensitivity so pets don’t trigger the camera(s)
- Two-way audio (Blink XT2)
- IP65 Weather Resistant (Blink XT2)
- Temperature monitoring
- Blink: $55.99
- Blink XT: Out of stock
- Blink XT2: $79.99
- 3 Wall Mounts: $13.99
- 3 Device Mounts: Out of stock
- Plug the Sync Module into a wall outlet
- Launch the Blink Home Monitor app on your iOS or Android phone and run the Setup Wizard
- Place your Blink camera(s) where you want them (keeping in mind the 100′ range)
Have had these the past 4 months and can say they work perfectly. I have read a lot of the feedback and i think people dont understand that there entry level security cameras and not state of the art 2000€ set up. There is a few little minor issues but for the money i paid there a great investment. I have been away for days on end and they never went down, live view was great to check up. – Declan D., Google Play 1/6/2019
We purchased the 3 camera kit and external “birdhouse” monitoring brackets. We love the system, easy to install, reliable, night vision works perfectly. Our only down fall is our neighborhood is practically a race track day and night, so our battery’s don’t last long, even with the settings lowered.
The clip view has been perfect, with the exception of the last week. There has been a software update and it is a little tricky to get used to it, but no other complaints.
We highly recommend this unit if you want a quick setup, easy alternative to hardwired security systems. – Tess & Lilly Mom, App Store 3/23/2019
Blink is useless for home security. for almost 2 months i havent been able to sign in to the app. what good is a security camera when you cant view the footage? tech support. is no help. blames everything but their system ( which is the the actual problem) worst $200 ive ever spent! new update still doesn’t fix sign in issues w/ Motorola devices. ive had it! getting rid of this garbage worst security system ever didnt even get 6 months out of this system – Will S., Google Play 5/18/2019
Why am I seeing ads in the Blink App? I have been a staunch supporter of Blink since the early days but this is unacceptable. This is a real low. I hope it is not a sign of things to come yet. If this is Amazon’s doing, shame on you Amazon! I will have to reconsider who gets my online purchase dollars in the future. – MikeHZL, App Store 5/17/2019
If you want a wireless camera (or cameras) without any monthly fees that can record audio and video, Blink is a definite contender. However, if you want to be able to adjust the view remotely or store more than 2 hours of footage, you may want to consider other options.
We compare Blink and other WiFi security cameras in our comprehensive review. We bring you pros and cons for each camera, and we have a comparison table so you can easily see how the cameras’ features vary.
Does Blink have the features you need?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.