To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Are you searching for your dream home and need an affordable mortgage loan? Or want to refinance your existing mortgage to reduce your interest rate? Move over big banks. There’s a hugely popular online mortgage lender that’s putting traditional lending in its place. Rocket Mortgage has become the go-to mortgage lending source for millions of Americans. Read our Rocket Mortgage reviews to see what they can offer you.
- Extremely easy application and approval process
- Competitive interest and APR rates
- Widest variety of loan types and terms out of companies we’ve reviewed
- Many home-purchase and refinancing loans available
- Available in all 50 states
- Excellent customer support via live chat, phone and email 7 days/week
- BBB rating: A+
- Minimum credit score of 620 (580 for FHA loan)
- No physical branches
- No set fees listed on website (varies by state)
- Doesn’t offer home equity loans
What Is Rocket Mortgage vs Quicken Loans?
The different names can be confusing, but Rocket Mortgage and Quicken Loans are the same company — the Rocket Mortgage brand is just the mortgage lending arm of the online powerhouse lender, Quicken. When you use Rocket Mortgage’s online resources to apply for a loan, it’s Quicken Loans you’re dealing with as the lender. They are a direct lender that underwrites all of its own loans.
How Does Rocket Mortgage Work?
Check out the brief video below on first time home buyer tips to see how Rocket Mortgage makes it easy to apply online for a loan — even when you’re on the go.
Key Features of Rocket Mortgage
- Third largest mortgage lender in the U.S. out of all online and non-Internet based lenders
- Originated $79 billion in mortgage loans in 2015
- Licensed by the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and A+ BBB rating
- Highest customer satisfaction rating by J.D. Power for many years in a row, although they slipped to second place this past year
- Offers wide variety of loans, including fixed, adjustable, FHA, VA, HARP, Reverse Mortgage and more
- Can get approved in minutes
- Securely upload all necessary financial documents
- Get email and text updates on mortgage rate changes
- Opt-out feature lets you block promotional calls, emails and texts
As part of our Rocket Mortgage reviews, we researched online consumer feedback on a variety of websites and forums. Here’s a balanced sampling of what we found.
This was the easiest and quickest experience we have ever had buying or selling a home. 24 days start to finish. Every team we delt with was beyond exceptional. Every question answered in lighting quick speed. They were upfront with everything. The todo list is a wonderful tool. – Josh, Trustpilot 7/7/2022
My experience from beginning to end was A+ rated. From the loan officer to the closing team I had nothing but great communications with all involved. Being able to remotely submit documents and correspond via the rocket mortgage app was extremely quick and easy. Especially during the closing. I have nothing but praise for Quicken Loans/Rocket Mortgage due to my great experience. – Rodney, Consumer Affairs 1/6/2021
One of the worst companies to do business with. They don’t tell you all the information and your mortgage payment will go up. Not the principle but the escrow accounts. I would not recommend anyone use Quicken Loans to finance their house. – Darrell D., BBB 1/6/2017
Do not even mention their name. I have closed on my house with a different company, and I am called at least 5 times a day by rocket morgage. Despite telling them to stop calling me I am not in the market. – Michelle D., Trustpilot 7/6/2022
What’s Our Final Verdict on Rocket Mortgage?
We chose Rocket Mortgage as our winner for the best online mortgage lender. It’s hard to beat their streamlined online application and approval process and the resources available at your fingertips. Their award-winning customer service is top notch, and their reputation is excellent in the industry. Of course, we recommend you shop around for the best interest rates, but Rocket Mortgage should be on your shopping list. Be sure to see how Rocket Mortgage compares to similar companies in our best online mortgage lenders comparison.Tagged With: Loans, Review