To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Costco’s Complete ID protection is one of the least expensive identity monitoring plans on the market. However, it’s only available to Costco members and the price increases if you don’t have the highest membership plan. Is this a viable option to help protect your identity? We’ll share the details with you so you can be sure that you are signing up for the best ID theft protection.
Note: Costco often packages specialty service providers from other companies’ white label product offerings to create a “new” product. In this case, CSID (an Experian company) has provided the ID theft product that has been rebranded as Complete ID.
- $1 million insurance
- Detects use of personal information to apply for a line of credit, utilities, cell phone plans, etc.
- Good three credit bureau monitoring
- Child add-on plan
- 24/7 support hours
- Must be a Costco member
- Many consumer complaints about poor or non-existent customer support
- Not BBB accredited
- Annual 3-Bureau Credit Report, Vantagescore®* and 3-Bureau Monitoring
- Monthly Credit Vantagescore®* Updates
- Internet Surveillance
- SSN and Non-credit Identity Monitoring
- Financial Account Application & Takeover Alerts
- Payday Loan Monitoring
- Criminal Records Monitoring and Neighborhood Watch
- Lost Wallet Replacement Assistance
- Full-Service Identity Restoration
- Up To $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance
- 24/7 Member Service Support
*Vantagescore is committed to providing greater score accuracy and consistency
Costco Executive Members
- +$2.99/month for child protection
Costco Business & Gold Star Members
- +$3.99/month for child protection
We generally try to include a balanced number of positive and negative reviews for each company, but we struggled to find enough positive reviews to share with you.
Great app for monitoring your ID and credit. Can lock your credit as well. – Bobby S., Google Play 5/2/2022
Provides good details for the money. – Rogel, iTunes Store 8/17/2021
Like the others have stated, this company is a joke! Really surprised Costco still has their name attached to something this bad. For type of sensitive information we’re handing over to monitor for us they don’t even offer basic 2-Factor Authentication for login security. SHOULD be using an Authenticator App but one step at a time I guess. If everything else is this bad I don’t trust they can keep our information secure. – David J, Google Play 1/18/2022
App forces you to login every time even after setting up Face ID. Website is easier to use and less frustrating. – Zerointerrupt, iTunes Store 7/1/2022
- LifeLock offers a family plan, Complete ID does not
- Complete ID does not monitor bank accounts, credit cards, insurance, driver’s license, sex offenders or address, LifeLock monitors them all
- Both offer up to $1 million in insurance and monitor all 3 bureaus for reports and scores
Are you unsure about choosing Complete ID to protect your identity? We understand your concern. Throughout our research, we found complaints about customers unable to access their accounts or reach a customer service representative. We hope to see a change in customer reviews shortly, but for the time being, we can recommend other companies to you.
Read our comparison of the best ID theft protection services to see how Complete ID ranked amongst other identity theft protection companies. You may find that there’s a different company that is better suited to your needs and in the end, we hope you’ll feel confident and informed in your purchase decision.Tagged With: Review