To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Costco has teamed up with ADT Security Services to sell a smart-home security package through Costco’s website. Customers get white-glove delivery, professional installation, Google Nest products, and ADT Smart Monitoring, all at a members-only price. But is the deal as good as it sounds? Our experts peek under the hood of this new home security partnership.
- How Does the ADT Security System Compare To The Ring Security System At Costco?
- How Does the ADT Security System Compare To The Lorex Security System At Costco?
- What Are Other Popular Costco Security Systems?
Costco ADT Smart Home Security System Review
Product Name: ADT Smart Home Security System with Google Nest Products & Pro Installation
Product Description: Costco now offers members a discount on the ADT Smart Home Security System with Nest HD cams and ADT Smart Monitoring.
The ADT Smart Home Security System package from Costco.com offers a 9-piece or 13-piece system that includes Google Nest products and professional installation. For those looking for a no-fuss, professionally installed system, this Costco bundle has everything you need for a basic home security system. Plus, 24/7 monitoring via 12 monitoring stations means extra protection and fast response times.
Ease of Use
- Professional installation
- 24/7 monitoring
- Compatible with Google Assist
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- Requires a technician to visit your home for installation
- 24-month monitoring contract required
- Only available in white
- No local video storage
This is the aggregate score of reader reviews we’ve received. Have a good or bad experience with Costco’s ADT Security System? Feel free to leave your own review in the comments. Please note that only ratings with valid review content will be published and counted.
5 Key Features
- 9-piece bundle ($499.99) or 13-piece bundle ($799.99) available, both of which include Google Nest products and ADT Smart Monitoring
- System comes professionally installed by an ADT technician
- 9-piece system includes: 1 ADT Command panel, 4 entry sensors for windows and doors, 2 motion sensors, 1 outdoor Nest camera, and 1 Nest Mini smart speaker
- 13-piece system includes: 1 ADT Command panel, 6 entry sensors for windows and doors, 2 motion sensors, 2 outdoor Nest cameras, 1 Nest Doorbell, and 1 Nest Mini smart speaker
- 24-month monitoring contract required at $49.99 monthly. Costco members save $10 per month off ADT pro monitoring
Costco shoppers can purchase the ADT Smart Home Security System as a nine or 13-piece bundle. And, as you would expect from this warehouse retailer, you can save a pretty penny by buying this system through Costco.
The 9-piece system costs $499.99 with Costco’s membership discount. With the bundle’s value totaling $1,107, Costco members save $607.01. The package includes the following:
- 1 Command AIO panel
- 1 LTE plug-in radio module
- 4 door/window sensors
- 2 motion detectors
- 1 Google Nest Outdoor HD camera
- 1 Google Nest Home Mini Smart Speaker
The 13-piece bundle offers more monitoring tools: extra window/door sensors, an additional Nest camera, and a battery video doorbell. The system costs $799.99. With a total value of $1745, Costco members save $945.01 on this bundle. The package includes the following:
The system cost includes installation, but customers must pay a monthly monitoring fee. The purchase locks you into a 24-month contract with ADT, costing $49.99 monthly. Monitoring service includes notification for burglary, fire, and police emergencies.
- 1 Command AIO panel
- 1 LTE plug-in radio module
- 6 window/door sensors
- 2 motion detectors
- 2 Google Nest Outdoor HD cameras
- 1 Google Nest Battery Video Doorbell
- 1 Google Next Home Mini smart speaker
Like the 9-piece system, the purchase signs you up for a 24-month monitoring contract. Monthly fees start at installation.
In August 2020, Google made a $450 million equity investment in ADT. At the same time, both companies committed $150 million to be used for marketing, technology, and partnership development.
2022 saw the rollout of Google Nest integrations with ADT, starting with the Google Nest Doorbell in January 2022, followed by indoor Google Nest Cam, outdoor Nest Cams, Nest Wi-Fi and Thermostats, and Nest speakers and displays.
- Command AIO Panel: An LED control panel that allows you to control your home security system, giving you the ability to arm and disarm alarms from one centralized location
- Door and Window Sensors: Sensors detect if someone is entering or leaving your home
- Motion Detectors: These motion sensors use infrared light to detect human movement vs. pets to prevent false alarms
Google Nest Equipment
- Nest Cam (battery): Features 1080p resolution, 110-degree field of view, motion detection up to 25 feet, 24/7 live view, night vision with HDR, up to three hours of event-based video history, two-way audio with noise cancellation, and multiple mounting options
- Nest Doorbell (battery): Features 960p resolution, 145-degree field of view, 24/7 live view, night vision with HDR, up to three hours of event video history, and two-way audio with noise cancellation
- Nest Mini smart speaker: Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity, 360-degree sound, built-in Google Assist, and audio for music/podcasts/etc.
For 145 years, ADT has offered security options and has become one of the most prominent names in home security. The significant complaints regarding ADT concern their quality of service. ADT uses an authorized reseller model to install its systems, which means user experience could vastly differ from one location to the next.
|Professionally installed with 1-2 days after ordering in most cases||Incomplete installations|
|12 monitoring centers around the United States||Refusal to cancel service|
|Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home||Lack of customer support|
|Extra charges on bills|
|Customers being given contradictory information regarding contracts|
While more expensive than some competitors, Google Nest is praised for being a dependable system with a stylish design to fit in with any home. Still, consumers complain that for the equipment cost, they expected better quality than what they received.
|Great hardware design||Expensive hardware|
|Quality video, day and night||Expensive, monthly cloud service|
|Integrated cloud recording service||No local storage support|
Read our full ADT Review to learn more about the company vs. alternatives on the market. We also review the Nest Secure camera system.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does the ADT Security System Compare To The Ring Security System At Costco?
The 14-piece Costco Ring security system costs $349.99. It includes one Base Station, one Keypad, one Range Extender, one battery-powered Stick Up Cam, one Motion Detector, one Smoke/Co Listener, and eight Contact Sensors. This inexpensive, DIY security system has optional 24/7 professional monitoring with a Ring Protect Pro Plan ($20 monthly). Read our review of the Ring security system to get the full scoop on Ring technology and monitoring.
How Does the ADT Security System Compare To The Lorex Security System At Costco?
Lorex tops our list of best wired security cameras. This indoor/outdoor camera features 4K Ultra HD resolution, providing crisper footage than any other camera we’ve reviewed. The Costco Lorex Fusion 4K 8-Channel 2TB Wired NVR security system includes a 2TB hard drive, four Smart Deterrence Dome Cameras with Ethernet cables and mounting kits, one HDMI cable, one Ethernet cable, one NVR Power Adapter, and a Sensor Kit (one Motion Sensor, two Door/Window Sensors, and one Sensor Hub). The system runs $599.99.
What Are Other Popular Costco Security Systems?
SimpliSafe offers a variety of home security systems at Costco, but the top reviewed system is the SimpliSafe Home Security Kit with HD Camera. At $199.99, this bundle features a Base Station, Keypad, Motion Sensor, Panic Button, Keyfob, four Entry Sensors, and one HD Security Camera. How does it compare to Ring? View our SimpliSafe vs. ADT review to see which company is the better pick for you.
Another popular Costco security system is the Arlo Ultra 2 Spotlight Camera Wire-Free Security System. It includes four Ultra V2 Spotlight Cameras, four batteries, three Outdoor Wall Mounts, one Total Security Mount, and one SmartHub. At $899.99, this system costs more than other Costco offerings, but is the extra security worth the price? Arlo Ultra is our top pick for the best wireless outdoor security camera.
How Does The Costco ADT Security System Compare?
Costco’s partnership with ADT gives you quality, easy-to-use technology at a fraction of the price. Still not set on the purchase? View competing security systems in our home alarm company reviews.Tagged With: Review