To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Frontpoint, a top-rated DIY security system, has a snazzy Z-Wave Plus-enabled smart lock that gives you easy remote access and syncs well with its system. What additional features does it offer to keep your home more secure?
- Rating, Pros & Cons
- How Does It Work?
- Key Features
- Tech Specs
- Installation (Video)
- What’s Our Final Verdict?
Frontpoint Smart Lock
- Compatible with most doors
- Audible tamper-proof alarm
- Built-in Z-Wave Plus
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Siri
- User-friendly mobile apps
- Excellent customer support
- Requires a Frontpoint security system
- Must upgrade to $49.99/month monitoring plan to use smart lock with your system
- Installation isn't as easy as some other smart locks
The Frontpoint Smart Lock replaces your existing deadbolt, so you don’t have to worry about compatibility issues like you would with some other smart locks that only work with some types of deadbolts.
Once installed, you type in your PIN code on the keypad or use the smartphone app to lock and unlock your door. The Frontpoint security system also locks your door when you arm your system and unlocks it when you disarm your system.
But there are caveats with this lock. First, you have to have a Frontpoint security system (at the very least, the hub and keypad). You’re also required to sign up for their highest monthly monitoring plan at $49.99 per month to purchase their smart lock. Obviously, this isn’t a dealbreaker if you already have a Frontpoint system or are considering purchasing one. This lock syncs extremely well with the system.
Is Frontpoint Compatible With Other Smart Locks?
One of the great things about Frontpoint is that their control panel is Z-Wave-enabled. So that means any smart lock that’s compatible with Z-Wave will work with the Frontpoint security system.
- Lock is made by Yale, a leading manufacturer of smart locks
- Create up to 250 unique access codes for family members, friends, dog walkers, etc.
- Lock and unlock your door remotely from anywhere
- Outdoor keypad is weatherproof and lights up in the dark
- Battery life is approximately 12 months with regular use (and has a low battery warning indicator)
- 9V battery backup/override in case your lock’s batteries die, and you’re locked out
- Will shut down for 60 seconds if an invalid code is entered more than 5 times
- Multiple optional settings:
- Set smart lock to automatically lock or unlock when your security system is armed or disarmed
- Set security system to automatically arm or disarm when you lock or unlock your smart lock
- Set smart lock to automatically relock 30 seconds after a successful code entry or manual unlock
- Lockout mode restricts all users except master PIN
- Exterior dimensions: 1-1/16 ” x 2-9/16” x 3-9/16
- Interior dimensions: 3-3/4″‘ x 3-3/4” x 6-3/4”
- 4 AA batteries
- Operating temperature range: -22ºF to 140ºF
- Available in satin nickel or oil rubbed bronze
For more Frontpoint promotions, including seasonal discounts, visit our Frontpoint promo codes page.
Check out this five-minute video from Yale to see how to install the Frontpoint Smart Lock.
Frontpoint’s Smart Lock is competitively priced, especially for its high-quality and impressive security and smart home features. It’s a great choice if you already have or are considering purchasing a Frontpoint home security system. The one drawback is that you have to subscribe to their higher monitoring plan — but it’s only $5 more per month than their lower-priced plan.
If you don’t have a Frontpoint system or are simply looking for a stand-alone smart lock, you have many other solid options. Our experts have reviewed the top models on the market in our smart lock comparison guide.
Why are you considering a smart lock for your home?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.