To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Costco’s Complete ID protection is one of the least expensive identity monitoring plans on the market. However, it’s only available to Costco members and the price increases if you don’t have the highest membership plan. Is this a viable option to help protect your identity? We’ll share the details with you so you can be sure that you are signing up for the best ID theft protection.
Note: Costco often packages specialty service providers from other companies’ white label product offerings to create a “new” product. In this case, CSID (an Experian company) has provided the ID theft product that has been rebranded as Complete ID.
- $1 million insurance
- Detects use of personal information to apply for a line of credit, utilities, cell phone plans, etc.
- Good three credit bureau monitoring
- Child add-on plan
- 24/7 support hours
- Must be a Costco member
- Many consumer complaints about poor or non-existent customer support
- Not BBB accredited
- Annual 3-Bureau Credit Report, Vantagescore®* and 3-Bureau Monitoring
- Monthly Credit Vantagescore®* Updates
- Internet Surveillance
- SSN and Non-credit Identity Monitoring
- Financial Account Application & Takeover Alerts
- Payday Loan Monitoring
- Criminal Records Monitoring and Neighborhood Watch
- Lost Wallet Replacement Assistance
- Full-Service Identity Restoration
- Up To $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance
- 24/7 Member Service Support
*Vantagescore is committed to providing greater score accuracy and consistency
Costco Executive Members
- +$2.99/month for child protection
Costco Business & Gold Star Members
- +$3.99/month for child protection
We generally try to include 2 positive and 2 negative reviews for each company, but we struggled to find 2 positive reviews to share with you.
Works great, have access to all the information I need. Also like that it automatically registered my finger prints for login. – Shaun J., Google Play 12/21/2017
I was not able to fully browse the site. Very unstable. iPhone 7 iOS 11.2.2 . I was told by the customer service agent that I need to upgrade to the iPhone 8 . According to Apple support this did not make any sense. Then I had to cancel my account with same agent. Very poor customer service. And poor app. – Maurizio777, iTunes 1/19/2018
Unstable Application.. Keeps shutting down in the middle of a transaction and ask if you can to restart the program.. – Blly bxtr, Google Play 8/15/2017
- LifeLock offers a family plan, Complete ID does not
- Complete ID does not monitor bank accounts, credit cards, insurance, driver’s license, sex offenders or address, LifeLock monitors them all
- Both offer up to $1 million in insurance and monitor all 3 bureaus for reports and scores
Are you unsure about choosing Complete ID to protect your identity? We understand your concern. Throughout our research, we found complaints about customers unable to access their accounts or reach a customer service representative. We hope to see a change in customer reviews shortly, but for the time being, we can recommend other companies to you.
Read our comparison of the Best Identity Theft Protection Services to see how Complete ID ranked amongst other identity theft protection companies. You may find that there’s a different company that is better suited to your needs and in the end, we hope you’ll feel more confident and informed in your purchase decision.
Do Complete ID’s customer reviews worry you?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.