To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Families use Foscam to provide them with a sense of security to check on their homes and make sure everything is intact. Whether you are checking to make sure the kids got home safely or surveilling for unauthorized activity, Foscam provides various cameras to get the job done.
- “Plug & Play” function features the ability to connect via smartphone by simply scanning the QR code on the camera
- Great video quality (G4 has Ultra HD. C2E and R4S have 1080p)
- Inexpensive compared to competitors
- Image can be flipped or mirrored
- Excellent night vision
- No monthly fees, unless you opt for cloud recording
- Complaints of firmware in some models
- All of the cameras must be plugged in to a power outlet
- Complaints of instructions being poorly written
- FI9821W does not have zoom capabilities
- G4 requires extra mic and speakers to use audio features
Are you looking for more from your security camera? Our experts have reviewed over a dozen providers to put together our best WiFi security camera showdown.
And, if you plan to use it outside, read our best outdoor security camera review to discover the top picks this year.
- The G4 has the best video quality of these five cameras but it is designed for outdoor use (C2E and R4S offer 1080p for high-resolution video as well)
- The only Foscam outdoor camera in this article is the G4
- All have digital zoom except for FI9821W
- Compatible with third-party video recording software like VLC, Blue Iris and more
- Foscam C2E:
- Foscam FI9821W:
- Foscam R4S:
- Foscam G4 Outdoor:
- Foscam FI9821P:
|Price Per Month||Free||$3.99||$7.99||$12.99|
|Storage||1-Day Video History||3-Day Video History||15-Day Video History||30-Day Video History|
The official Foscam app is called Foscam Viewer and is free via iOS and Google Play. There is also an app called Foscam IP Cam Viewer made by OWRL that gets better reviews and is also free (iOS and Google Play).
Foscam Security Camera Comparison Table
|Foscam C2E||Foscam FI9821W||Foscam R4S||Foscam G4 Outdoor||Foscam FI9821P|
|View Angle||115°||70°||350° horiz (110° vert)||112°||75°|
|Night Vision||26 feet||26 feet||33 feet||66 feet||26 feet|
|Local Recording to SD|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Two-Way Audio||Requires extra mic & speaker|
|Video Quality||1080P HD||720P HD||1080p HD||Ultra HD (4MP)||720p HD|
What Do Customers Think?
We skimmed some of Foscam’s customer reviews and found a couple to share with you.
Great image. Not too difficult to set up. Works with Blue Iris. – Richard V., Newegg 6/19/2019 (Foscam G4 Outdoor)
Best WiFi & Garage Security Cameras
Now that you know a little bit more about Foscam wireless IP cameras, you can compare them against the competition in our Best WiFi Security Camera article. It’s also important to know that Foscam’s FI9900P Outdoor Camera is our top-rated garage security cam.
Using Foscam As A Baby Monitor
Although there is a Foscam baby monitor (FosBaby), you can also use regular WiFi cameras as a baby monitor. In fact, many customers have written reviews stating how they’ve used Foscam instead of the typical baby monitor. Check out the video below to see how you could use Foscam as a baby monitor.
Warning: A WiFi camera would not be our first pick for a baby monitor because of stories like this where someone could hack into it. As always, do your own research and do what’s best for your family. We would recommend one of these baby monitors instead.
What area do you want to monitor for safety?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.