To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
After you have your ADT security system installed, you may be interested in adding another camera or two to your system setup. Don’t worry, this doesn’t require a visit from a professional installer. We’ve got instructions on how to install the camera yourself as well as other detailed information regarding the specs of this device.
This article focuses on ADT’s indoor camera. Click here to read about ADT outdoor cameras or doorbell cameras. If you don’t have ADT service yet, you can sign up here with one of our recommended providers.
ADT security systems are sold through authorized resellers*. This means the company you use to get your ADT system could be different than someone who lives in the neighboring county. Therefore, your costs and customer service will vary, even when the equipment, contracts and general installation tend to be similar.
*Our ADT links take you to SafeStreets, which is an authorized reseller for ADT.
- Dimensions: 2.56″H x 2.56″W x 1.34″D
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 104°F
- Weight: 0.34 lbs
- Video Quality: 720p
- Field Of View: 128.6°
- Lifetime equipment warranty through the Quality Service Plan
If you already have ADT, you can add this camera to your system without a professional. If you don’t, sign up with one of our recommended providers.
- Attach the camera stand to the camera.
- Connect the power adapter to the camera and power up.
- The Power LED will turn on briefly and then start blinking. It will continue to blink for about 1 minute, and then the Power LED will remain on.
- Connect the camera to the internet.
- Wired: Connect a USB to ethernet adapter (not included) to the USB port of the camera. Then use an ethernet cable (not included) to connect to the control panel.
- Wireless: Launch an internet browser and log in to the Pulse portal. Select the Systems tab and click Manage Devices. Click Cameras -> Add Using WPS button at the bottom of the screen. Enter the PIN (located on the camera) in the WPS PIN field. Make sure the camera is powered on and click Continue. A screen appears. Press and hold the WPS/RESET button on the camera for 5 seconds. (Be sure to complete the WPS connection within 2 minutes, or it will time out.) The Network/WPS LED flashes amber as it attempts to connect to the camera.
- Power LED should be on by now, and the Network/WPS LED should be solid green.
- Enroll the camera in ADT Pulse (page 9 here)
- Mount the camera near a power source.
Here’s a link to the quick installation guide for the ADT Pulse camera and here’s a short video showing everything we’ve laid out above.
If you aren’t an ADT customer yet and were wanting to learn more about its camera, we hope we helped you become more informed. You can learn more about ADT’s home security features in our comprehensive review to see if their services meet your needs. We discuss pricing details, equipment options, customer feedback and more.
What do you think about ADT’s camera?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.