To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Frontpoint licenses Alarm.com’s Skybell doorbell camera to work with its security system. It acts as an outside motion detector and video camera all in one. The installation setup is pretty simple, and we’ve written out the easy steps below.
Before purchasing the Frontpoint doorbell camera, please know that a wired doorbell circuit is required to provide power to the doorbell camera.
- Technical Specifications
- Determine The Doorbell Chime
- How To Install The New Doorbell
- Sync The Doorbell
- Watch A Video Tutorial
- Do You Want More Cameras?
- 180° field of view
- 1080p video
- Two-way audio
- Three to five-year battery life
- Motion detection up to eight feet
- Color night vision
- Infrared night vision up to eight feet (six infrared LED lights)
- Plastic structure is made to look like metal
- Dimensions are 1.4″W x 4.8″H x 1.1″D
- Hardwire setup
- Operating temperature is -40°F to 140°F
- WiFi (2.4 GHz up to 150 Mbps)
- Notifications when motion detected or doorbell rings
- Watch live and stored video
You’ll need to know the type of doorbell you currently have to see if and how it works with FrontPoint’s Skybell. Locate the chime inside your home and remove the faceplate. Determine what type of chime it is:
- Mechanical Chime – Has metal bars and a striker pin, which doesn’t require additional hardware.
- Digital Chime – Has a speaker that plays a tone when pressed, which requires the installation of the digital doorbell adapter and enabling the digital doorbell setting in the app to function.
- Tube Chime – Has a series of tubular bells, which isn’t compatible with this doorbell camera.
- Intercom System – Has a speaker in the doorbell button, which isn’t compatible with this doorbell camera.
- No Chime – You will only receive alerts on your phone, and a resistor (10 Ohm 10 Watt) must be used.
- Turn off the power to your doorbell
- Unscrew the doorbell and prevent the doorbell wires from slipping into the wall
- Feed the doorbell wires through the hole in the center of the Skybell mounting bracket
- Attach the bracket to the wall by using the provided screws in the top and bottom holes
- Loosen the terminal screws and insert the doorbell wires beneath the screws, then retighten the screws
- If you weren’t able to turn the power off to your doorbell, use extra caution and don’t touch the wires together
- Turn on the power to your doorbell
- Slide the doorbell camera onto the mounting bracket and push towards the wall
- Tighten the set screw on the bottom of the camera
- The doorbell camera’s LED should begin to illuminate
If you have a digital chime (skip this section if you have a mechanical chime):
- Remove the cover from the digital chime and locate the wire terminals
- Remove the screws from the terminals
- Temporarily move the wires out of the way
- Connect the digital doorbell adapter wires to the chime by connecting one wire to the “front” terminal and the second wire to the “trans” terminal
- Reassemble and reinstall the digital chime in its original location
- The doorbell camera is ready to sync when the LED is alternating red and green
- Log into your Frontpoint app to configure the doorbell camera’s settings
- Navigate to the Doorbell Camera page in the left navigation bar
- If you don’t see this tab, check your login permissions to make sure you have the authorization to add a doorbell camera to your system
- Follow the onscreen instructions
Protect America also has this same Skybell doorbell camera in its equipment lineup. They have a convenient four-minute installation video to help give you a visual on what to expect with the doorbell setup.
If you’re interested in integrating more cameras with your Frontpoint security system, you can learn more about your options. Our article includes details regarding Frontpoint’s indoor, outdoor, and doorbell cameras, including technical specifications, storage details, installation instructions, and more.
Is there a step in the installation process that you’re confused about?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.