To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Although not slated to hit the market until later this year, Ring’s newest innovation in home security equipment could rock the competition if their Always Home Cam proves worthy.
It’s a fun piece of equipment for sure — a camera-equipped, smart-home drone that flies inside your house to keep tabs on your home for security and other safety reasons you might need. For instance, you can make sure you didn’t leave a window open or that you turned off your stove after you left home.
Concerned about privacy? Always a valid concern with smart home technologies. The Always Home cam won’t be buzzing inside your home 24/7, but still begs to question just how much control you’ll have over it. Our experts dig in.
- Can’t be manually controlled
- Only flies where you want it to go via the preferred flight paths you’ve chosen
- Live stream video via the Ring Always Home app
- Integrates with the Ring Alarm home security system
- If linked to the security system, it will fly to an area where a sensor detects motion
- Obstacle avoidance technology helps it avoid things in its path (if something is sensed in its pathway, the camera will re-dock, and you’ll receive a notification alerting you that it couldn’t complete its pass around your home.)
- Shrouded propellers for the safety of pets and items in your home
- The camera itself hums so you can hear that the camera is in motion and is recording (to help with privacy)
- HD video
- Runtime: 5 minutes*
- Charge time: About 1 hour
*This is to make it a purpose-driven security camera and not one that just flies around 24/7 aimlessly.
This quick 30-second video shows the indoor security drone in action.
You may be excited about the launch of Ring’s Always Home Cam, we are too. This is a brand new type of device that is entering the home security market, and that hasn’t happened in quite some time.
Ring is known for leading the charge at introducing new, innovative equipment. Known for its doorbell cameras, Ring has expanded its equipment lineup to cover everything from indoor cameras and security sensors to smart outdoor lighting and solar-powered equipment.
We’ll have a full review of the Ring Always Home Cam once it hits the market. Until then, you can learn more about the Ring Alarm security system and how it could help make your home into Fort Knox.
What feature impresses you about the Always Home Cam?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.