To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Are you worried about your online security when you use the internet for work or personal purposes away from your secure home WiFi? If not, you should be!
Whether you use your local coffee house or a remote airport to connect to the internet, you’re putting yourself and your data at risk. But a Virtual Protocol Network (VPN), like PureVPN, can give you the security you need. Read our PureVPN review to see how they can keep your internet connection secure and why we chose them as our winner.
- No traffic logs
- High 256-bit encryption level
- Wide variety of protocols you can use to sign in
- Simultaneous use on up to 5 devices
- 80,000+ IP addresses
- NAT firewall
- Kill switch to disconnect immediately
- Split tunneling (you can have your VPN connection for what you need, but faster speed for streaming or other unsecured needs)
- Select best server feature & unlimited server switching
- DNS leak protection ensures all DNS requests go through VPN
- No free trial
- Slightly more expensive than other services
- A bit more difficult to install & get working, especially on a Mac
- Supports Torrent/P2P
- Accepts Bitcoin and other anonymous payments
- Consistently unblocks Netflix
- 24/7/365 fast customer support via live chat, email and ticket
- PureVPN server list includes 2,000+ servers in 140+ countries and 180 locations worldwide
- Unlimited bandwidth and data
- New IP address for each user and 80,000 different IP addresses to cycle through so that your location and identity remain protected
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime
- Automatic protocol selection feature or choose your own protocol from many types, including OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, PPTP, SSTP, and IKEv2 (visit our VPN terms page for explanations as to what these are!)
- Virtual Router feature allows you to convert your Windows-based desktop or laptop into a virtual router and use it to connect up to 10 devices
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android and 20+ devices, including consoles, SmartTV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, Routers and more.
- 31-day 100% money back guarantee
PureVPN offers three purchase options and a 100% money-back guarantee for the first 31 days of service. No matter which option you choose, you get all of PureVPN’s features included.
- 1-Month Plan: $10.95/month
- 1-Year Plan: $4.08/month
- 2-Year Plan: $2.88/month
Are Customers Happy With PureVPN?
As part of our Pure VPN review, we give you a balanced sample of what PureVPN customers have to say about their experiences with the service. We’d like to note that a vast majority of customer reviews we found are extremely positive!
Positive PureVPN Reviews
High speed servers, good amount of IPs. No connection issues. VPN client software is also very user friendly. Wide range of countries available to choose from. Security is top notch. In matter of few clicks you will get connected to their dedicated server. I’d recommend this service to everyone who likes security and full anonymity. – Jonathan S., Trustpilot 12/27/2016
I work round the clock and often in different time zones. The Support Team was always available and eager to answers as quickly as possible. If a solution is not on their website, they go out of the way to provide solutions from different sources! Though I haven’t tested each individual country on offer, I have tested “most” of them. I was always able to connect rather quickly and after clearing the cache, websites were unable to learn my original location. Also maintain a dedicated IP so that helps me function my online business safely. – timavers135, CNET 5/28/2015
Negative PureVPN Reviews
PureVPN used to be great, but not anymore. Sometimes I’m able to connect and sometimes I’m not. Sometimes it connects me but doesn’t connect me to the country of choice, which is pointless. Basically it’s got a mind of its own. I’ve been having problems for a year now. Hard to find anyone that has a basic grasp of English to help me out. – Gavin L., Trustpilot 9/7/2016
Whilst the software may work on some machines. It does not do so on mine. I have contacted 24 technicians, had two lots of remote access and yet they cannot make it run. I have asked for a full refund so that I can run Strong VPN again, with which I had no problems. They have constantly refused saying that I should try a myriad of things to fix it. – Jonathan H., ResellerRatings 3/12/2016
How Does PureVPN Work?
Check out this short video that explains exactly how PureVPN works to keep your internet use safe and secure.
What’s Our Final Verdict on PureVPN?
We’re hard pressed to find any downsides with PureVPN’s service! Yes, the cost is slightly higher than some of its top contenders, but not enough to blow a hole in your wallet. You get what you pay for with PureVPN — and that’s a lot. Military grade encryption, fast speeds, reliable uptime, the flexibility to choose from any of their 500 servers and much more. But be sure to check out our Best VPN Service Reviews to see how PureVPN stacks up against its competition.
What experiences have you had with PureVPN or another VPN provider?