To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Are you looking for a reliable virtual private network (VPN) service? StrongVPN (formerly SaferVPN) is a lesser-known company that’s based in Israel (a country that has very strict privacy laws) and offers some high levels of VPN protection across tons of different devices. But how do their features and security levels stack up against the bigger names in the industry?
- No traffic logs
- Quick, easy setup
- Fast speed
- High encryption level at 256-bits
- Can run on 12 simultaneous devices
- Unlimited server switching
- Kill switch
- Pretty consistent with unblocking Netflix (but currently only unblocks U.S. Netflix content)
- Accepts Bitcoin and other anonymous payments
- Many users report excellent customer support 24/7
- Fewer servers than many other VPNs
- No NAT firewall
- No DNS or IPV6 leak protection
- Limited torrent/P2P support
- No split tunneling (you can't use your VPN connection for essential online activity but faster speeds for streaming or other unsecured needs)
If you’re new to the world of VPNs, you may want to browse through our comprehensive VPN guide to get your feet wet first. We cover why you need one, how they work, terminologies and VPN protocols explained, setup and installation, FAQs, and more.
- 950+ high-speed servers in over 30+ worldwide locations
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Native apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, and routers
- Chrome and Firefox extensions
- Supports multiple protocols: PPTP, Open VPN, L2TP/IPSec, IKEv2/IPSec, SSTP
- Supports Torrent/P2P
- 24/7 live chat and email support
Read our interview with the CEO and founder to learn more about the company and its features.
StrongVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- $10.99/month for 1 month
- $3.66/month for 1 year
- View all options
Note that these reviews are from SaferVPN (StrongVPN’s former name).
Good product with top notch customer service. It was easy to install. When I got caught up on an error I made, the customer service rep *** ******, was able to diagnose and solve the issue quickly and remained patient with me the entire time. Try this product out, you won’t be disappointed. – Stefan, Trustpilot 12/12/2109
I like SaferVPN because it has many locations to connect to the Internet. Another very important feature for me is the speed of downloading and loading pages, which in this VPN has ample performance. It is also very important your tool to close your data traffic in case the VPN connection fails. – Daniel V., G2 Crowd 9/30/2019
Absolute rubbish !! Signed up for 2 years last August !! Still unable to connect to danish tv. Have had so many live chats and emails, no one to talk to over the telephone. After trying everything they have told me to do still NO SERVICE!!! The repetitive comment of uninstall reinstall is so boring now. I have now asked for refund, and I am told can’t after 30 days !! If not satisfied!! HAVENT HAD A SERVICE!!! To be satisfied with!! Appalling customer service KEEP AWAY !! – Pia D., Trustpilot 2/4/2019
The speed isn’t as fast as I would like to get for the price. Also the support is slow and I waited 2 days for an answer. – Andrzej K., G2 Crowd 1/7/2019
Check out this brief video to see the top 5 reasons for using a VPN.
While StrongVPN is a reliably secure option that’s easy to set up and use, it’s pricier than many other solid choices (unless you want to commit to their 3-year pricing). It also lacks some features you may want that you can find elsewhere, like DNS and IPV6 leak protection and split tunneling — and its torrenting capabilities are limited compared to some other VPNs.
If you’re not sure StrongVPN is the best VPN for your needs, be sure to read our VPN provider comparison, where we review 10 of the top VPNs and give you the lowdown on features, pros and cons, pricing, and more.Tagged With: Review, VPN