To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Are you worried about your online security when you use the internet for work or personal purposes away from your secure home WiFi? If not, you should be!
Whether you use your local coffee house or a remote airport to connect to the internet, you’re putting yourself and your data at risk. But a Virtual Protocol Network (VPN), like PureVPN, can give you the security you need. Read our PureVPN review to see how they can keep your internet connection secure and why we chose them as our winner.
- No traffic logs
- High 256-bit encryption level
- Simultaneous use on up to 5 devices
- NAT firewall
- Select best server feature & unlimited server switching
- Split tunneling (you can have your VPN connection for what you need, but faster speed for streaming or other unsecured needs)
- DNS leak protection ensures all DNS requests go through VPN
- Kill switch
- Supports Torrent/P2P
- 24/7/365 fast customer support via live chat, email and ticket
- A bit more difficult to install & get working, especially on Mac
- User interface is confusing
- Slow speeds
- Unreliable for unblocking Netflix and other streaming services
- Multiple complaints that some of its features don’t work consistently, e.g., kill switch, usability issues with various apps
- PureVPN server list includes 2,000+ servers in 140+ countries and 180 locations worldwide
- Unlimited bandwidth and data
- New IP address for each user and 80,000 different IP addresses to cycle through so that your location and identity remain protected
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime
- Automatic protocol selection feature or choose your own protocol from many types, including OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, PPTP, SSTP, and IKEv2 (visit our VPN terms page for explanations as to what these are!)
- Virtual Router feature allows you to convert your Windows-based desktop or laptop into a virtual router and use it to connect up to 10 devices
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android and 20+ devices, including consoles, SmartTV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, Routers and more.
- 31-day 100% money back guarantee
PureVPN offers three purchase options and a 100% money-back guarantee for the first 31 days of service. No matter which option you choose, you get all of PureVPN’s features included.
- 1-Month Plan: $10.95/month
- 1-Year Plan: $4.08/month
- 2-Year Plan: $2.88/month
Save up to 50% per month on PureVPN plans when you pay for a full year via this link.
As part of our Pure VPN review, we give you a balanced sample of what PureVPN customers have to say about their experiences with the service. We’d like to note that a vast majority of customer reviews we found are extremely positive!
Pure VPN-always pushing the envelope! They have a reliable, feature- packed product, and their customer service is outstanding. I can tell this is a company striving to be the best in their business. PureVPN has hidden me for 2 years now. – A Google User, Google Play 3/26/2019
I’ve been a pureVPN user since 2015, last year I renewed for 5 more years, I started because of a friend recommendation and I think that the product is great. Mobile and Web VPN options and amazing response to customer and technical problems. – Carmelo C., Trustpilot 4/2/2019
Tried again after a long time and it still sucks. Really bad UI, slow servers and connections. App crashes frequently while connecting and does not work properly. I feel like I’ve wasted my 70$ worth Bitcoins on this buggy vpn. – B. Bazaar, Google Play 3/26/2019
Hate hate hate this service. I watch U.K. TV and they just can’t provide a consistent connection with the servers they provide to me. I have to use customer service chat several times a month to troubleshoot the failed connection. It works again for a few days, then fails again, then they give a whole new set of instructions. I have to change my VPN settings 2+ times a month and waste my time with inept customer service. What is the point of paying for a service that I have to spend a few hours troubleshooting monthly? – Amy G., Trustpilot 2/16/2019
Check out this short video that explains exactly how PureVPN works to keep your internet use safe and secure.
PureVPN is a solid, reliable VPN that’s been around for several years. You get a lot of features with PureVPN, including split tunneling, added security, tons of protocols and even an automatic protocol selection feature. And the “Virtual Router” feature within its Windows application is a unique offering.
We did find some complaints that some of its app features aren’t consistent, although these issues aren’t related to your security. They’re also not a reliable option if you want to unblock Netflix when abroad. But be sure to check out our Best VPN Service Reviews to see how PureVPN stacks up against its competition.
What experiences have you had with PureVPN or another VPN provider?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.