When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Here’s how it works.
If your least favorite chore is vacuuming; there are automatic vacuum cleaners that could save you time and headaches. The Roomba robot vacuum will suck up all the dirt and debris on your floors without having to lift a finger. For this review, we’ll be focusing on the Roomba 960 (our pick for the best robot vacuum cleaner), although we will compare it to previous and newer models in the pricing and tech specs section.
- Automatically returns to charging station
- Use the app to turn the vacuum on or schedule cleaning times
- Leaves nice carpet lines since it goes in a pattern
- View how full the dirt bin is through the app
- Excellent for vacuuming pet hair
- Vacuums for about 75 minutes, depending on flooring (carpet vs hardwood)
- 1-year warranty
- High price point
- 1-pint dust bin is relatively small and requires frequent dumping
5 Key Features
- Schedule cleanings from anywhere and see the status of cleaning jobs using iRobot Home app
- Keeps track of its location so it doesn’t go over the same spots twice
- Automatically recharges and resumes until the job is complete
- Works on different floor levels (with the ability to put up barriers so you can avoid stairs and other areas)
- Powerful suction picks up pet hair well
Some models can self-empty or re-charge on base station too!
Pricing & Tech Specs
The table below compares some of the top iRobot Roomba models on the market.
|Weight in pounds
|Dimensions (diameter x height in inches)
|13.39 x 3.62
|13.9 x 3.6
|13.8 x 3.6
|13.8 x 3.6
|13.3 x 3.6
|3-Stage Cleaning System
(Up to 7 times/week)
|Full bin indicator
|Tangle-Free AeroForce Extractors
|iRobot Home App
|Recharge and Resume
|Captures 99% of allergens, pollen and particles
|Creates a path to clean entire level of your home
I own two irobot 980s and I wouldn’t be without them. I absolutely love the fact that I don’t have to vacuum not to mention the fact that they do an awesome job. I would buy another one without hesitation if one of them broke down. – Joycelyn E, Trustpilot 7/14/2022
I’ve had an iRobot vac since 2005. When that one broke, not due to the machines issues, I tried other brands; Sharp, Neato (which was immediately returned), and a ECOVACS DEEBOT. All junk compared to iRobot. I quickly found out that the price is worth a excellent machine and customer service. – Carol, Trustpilot 6/11/2022
About a month after purchase, my Roomba i7 broke down. After a protracted process, they eventually sent it back for repair. It came back worse than it was sent. – Mike, Trustpilot 7/29/2022
My i8+ Roomba updates the map over time with areas that do not exist in the home. Calling customer service was terrible as they have no clue on why this is happening or how to lock the map to prevent future updates. I had to delete the map twice and remap it but no answer was given on how to prevent this in the future. – Ron, Trustpilot 5/11/2022
Video: See the iRobot Roomba In Action
This video shows how the Roomba works with all of its features.