To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
A while back my husband came home and told me to use cash (instead of my debit/credit card) anytime I fill up my car with gas. I was curious as to what spurred this request.
It turned out, he had heard about criminals stealing peoples’ credit card information by placing skimmers on pumps at the gas station. It seems like we aren’t safe anywhere these days.
Identity theft protection services like IdentityForce can help monitor your personal information and warn you about suspicious activity. Learn how this company can help keep your financial information safe in our IdentityForce Review.
- Monitors driver’s license number, sex offenders, email and more
- More coverage than many other companies
- 24/7 phone support and live chat and email from 8am-8pm, plus FAQs
- Child plan available as an add-on
- Established in 1978 with long history in the industry
- $1 million insurance protection
- A+ BBB rating
- Bank and credit card activity alerts
- No IdentityForce family plan
- Must upgrade plans for credit report/score monitoring
- Can oversee your child’s identity too
- Monitors everything listed in our coverage comparison table
- 24/7 assistance available
|Price||Regular Price: |
Discount for our Readers: $12.95/month or $129.50/year
|Regular Price: |
Discount for our Readers: $19.95/month or $199.50/year
|Optional ChildWatch Add-On $2.75/month or $27.50/year|
|14-Day Free Trial|
|Sex Offender Monitoring|
|Pay Day Loan Monitoring|
|Change of Address Monitoring|
|Court Records Monitoring|
|Identity Score & Report|
|Fraud Alert Reminder|
|Medical ID Fraud Protection|
|Junk Mail Opt-out|
|Identity Threat Alerts|
|Online Protection Tools (Anti-Phishing, Anti-Keylogging, etc.)|
|Lost Wallet Assistance|
|Fraud Resolution Specialist|
|Identity Restoration Advisor|
|$1 Million Identity Theft Insurance|
|Credit Score Simulator|
|Three Bureau Credit Scores|
|Three Bureau Credit Reports|
|Three Bureau Credit Monitoring|
|Credit Score Monitoring|
|Buy an Instant Credit Report|
IdentityForce offers two plans, UltraSecure and UltraSecure+Credit, with the option of adding on their supplemental Child Watch plan to either subscription. The standard cost of the UltraSecure IdentityForce plan is $17.95/month or $179.50/year, but our readers are eligible for the discounted rate of $12.95/month or $129.50/year. The standard cost of UltraSecure+Credit is $23.95/month and $239.50/year, but our readers can get this service for $19.95/month or $199.50/year. Click here to take advantage of these offers! You can also visit our dedicated IdentityForce coupon page to discuss current offers.
Firsthand Experience With IdentityForce’s UltraSecure+Credit Membership
IdentityForce let me test out its UltraSecure+Credit plan for free in exchange for an unbiased review of the product.
What Is IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit Monitoring?
UltraSecure+Credit includes personal information monitoring, account alerts, recovery assistance and credit report and score monitoring. The credit features are the ones that you get in addition to the normal UltraSecure package when you sign up for UltraSecure + Credit Monitoring.
How Much Does UltraSecure+Credit Monitoring Cost?
- $23.95 per month or
- $239.50 per year
By signing up for the yearly plan, you will save $47.90 per year. However, if you want to see how the first month or two goes, you can choose a month-to-month plan and then decide if you’re going to sign up for an entire year.
11 Things Monitored With IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit
- Bank accounts
- Credit cards
- Email addresses
- Medical accounts
- Phone numbers
- Social Security number
- Driver’s License
- Change of address
- Court records
- Sex offenders nearby
- Social media accounts
What Credit Protection Is Included With IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit?
- Credit score monitoring
- Credit score simulator
- 3-bureau credit monitoring
- 3-bureau credit reports
- 3-bureau credit scores
What Other Features Are Included With IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit?
- Advanced fraud monitoring
- Fraud alert reminder
- Identity restoration advisor
- $1 million ID theft insurance
- ID threat alerts
- Junk mail opt-out
- Medical ID fraud protection
- Pay day loan monitoring
- Online PC protection tools
- Lost wallet assistance
What I Love About IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit
- I can set temporary fraud alerts on my report for 90 days, and at the end of the 90 days, it will alert me that the fraud alert is over so I can place another if I choose.
- It is easy and convenient to view credit scores and reports.
- Bank accounts, credit cards, investment accounts and more are all monitored in one place.
- Desktop and mobile app are easy to use and very intuitive. I love using the mobile app on the go.
- Includes identity threat alerts, which are breaches that may threaten the safety of your identity.
- I genuinely feel that my identity is safer and protected with this product.
What I Didn’t Like About IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit
- My investment accounts showed a $0 balance, and thankfully that was not the case.
- Alerts are one to two days late. For example, I have an alert set that if a certain amount of money is withdrawn or added to an account that I will receive an alert. However, I don’t get these notifications until at least a day or more has passed. Fortunately, these have always been transactions I’ve made, but if they weren’t, I’d be notified later than preferred.
- There’s no free trial with this plan, which didn’t affect me since I was testing the product out for free, but I wish it were available for our readers. IdentityForce offers a 14-day free trial for the UltraSecure plan.
You’ve read our experience with IdentityForce, but what about others’? Do users love or hate IdentityForce? We’ve gathered reviews online from the Better Business Bureau and TrustPilot for you to take into consideration before making a decision.
IDENTITY FORCE is absolutely wonderful. I had received an email on 9/7/14 that there was a problem with my email address but I was not able to get to them until I was home from the theater. I called to find their support section closed and wrote about the problem right there and then as I was upset since one of the tagged emails was from Cleveland Ohio/ISIS. I called today and spoke with a wonderful woman, ****** who told me exactly what to do as I had no idea prior to our conversation and I therefore contacted the FTC and reported it to them gave them the link and they will contact Homeland Security. BRAVE IDENTITY FORCE!!!!!!!! – Jean G., BBB 9/8/2014
IdentityForce does an excellent job in protecting identity and keeping customers informed about any changes in anything related to whatever they are monitoring for customers including credit cards, bank accounts, email addresses, etc. They inform you via message alerts distributed via emails or text messages and by phone calls when deemed necessary. – Sylvester R., TrustPilot 1/18/2016
I signed my husband and myself up with Identity Force as it came highly rated. What we didn’t know until we were a cllient was that you can’t do anything about an alert sent to you from Identity Force unless you can go online & access their website. This does not fit our lifestyle at all so after 5 days I called to cancel and to get a full refund, indicating the 2 week free trial that I’d seen on their website. I was told the free trial only applied to the lesser program not the higher service program that I had purchased. I have now canceled but have 25 more days that i’m being charged for as they do not prorate except to the month. – Virginia K., BBB 11/14/2016
I signed yup for a trail and canceled within a week. They sent constant alerts which were either vague and gave no information, or were nothing at all. They send the alert in a language that scares the crap out of you, maybe that is part of their game. I called costumer support I got an attitude. Also the fraud alert they say you can activate on your file is also untrue. I had not problem opening accounts after supposedly placing a fraud alert. Life lock is much better. – LE, TrustPilot 12/8/2016
Here is a quick snap shot of important differences between IdentityForce and other identity protection services.
- IdentityForce monitors your drivers license number and sex offenders in your area, while Identity Guard does not.
- IdentityForce provides full recovery services and 24/7 access to their fraud specialists; Identity Guard also offers 24/7 access to specialists, but you’re responsible for all the legwork to recover your identity.
- Identity Guard will not send fraud alerts to the credit bureaus, while IdentityForce will.
- IdentityForce has the industries largest scope of monitoring coverage.
- IdentityForce provides reports from all three credit bureaus, while IDShield only has one.
- IDShield’s family plan is $24.95/mo, whereas IdentityForce doesn’t have a family plan (instead you pay $2.75/mo per child).
- Both services have full recovery services, but IDShield’s fraud specialists are licensed private investigators.
- IdentityForce’s UltraSecure+Credit plan provides a larger scope of monitoring coverage compared to LifeLock.
- Both services provide U.S.-based, 24/7 access to certified ID theft specialists and general member services.
- We found that LifeLock app’s user interface is easier to use and includes an in-app messenger that directly connects you to member services and ID theft specialists.
What About Those Credit Card Skimmers?
To learn more about the skimmers criminals are using to steal our credit card information watch this short video.
17.6 Million People Had Their Identity Stolen
The Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) says 17.6 million people in the U.S. had their identity stolen in 2014. This data reflects the most current identity theft statistics available from the BJS at time of writing, but can you imagine how much it’s increased since then?
This crime is increasing rapidly and we can’t sit back and become victims ourselves. To help prevent identity theft sign up for protection services like IdentityForce.
Yes, we tried it and highly recommend the UltraSecure+Credit package from IdentityForce. This plan monitors more than competitors and for a reasonable price. Find out how IdentityForce ranked in our Identity Theft Comparison article. and learn more about IdentityForce in our interview with CEO Steve Bearak.
What’s stopping you from signing up for IdentityForce?